Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Japan

JAPAN

I am shortly taking off for Japan. I've been lucky in my life to have visited this far away country many times. I went there first in the mid seventies on business and over the last ten years, I've been back most years. My eldest son, Michael is in the financial markets there, hence the reason for my current visits.

This trip is a little different as I'm taking my grandson Evan (15) with me. It will be quite an experience for both of us. A first for him, and it will be an interesting take on a place I know quite well but this time through very different eyes.

We will stay in Tokyo for three or four days then move down to Yokohama and thence on to Michael's big catamaran, Milestone, when we shall do some sailing out into the Pacific. Michael's wife, Eiko has volunteered to stay at home with the dog. S.W.M.B.O. has decided that the boat, although very comfortable, is about 100,000 tons too small to really enjoy.

I will report as we progress, provided we have all the technologies in place. The photo is of the Temple Bell at Zodoji Shrine in Tokyo

No comments:

Post a Comment