Monday, July 5, 2010

Music Track

I've often been asked if I miss England, and I have to say that really I haven't missed it too much - apart from the pubs, of course. But I do miss Europe. My job used to take me across the channel on many occasions and it was always exciting. So many different cultures all up against each other.

This week's music track is from Italy; it's "Vivo Per Lei" by Andrea Boccelli and Giorgia. You can find it on U-Tube. http://www.youtube.com/index

Obviously because it's sung in Italian it makes it different. But also it has the distinctive sound that floods the beaches of the northern Mediterranean where Europe takes its vacations - you can almost smell the suntan lotion!

As for the music there is a coarseness in the woman's voice that counters the purity of the tenor. It has been very popular across the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment