Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dog Friendly?

I was asked by a friend the other day if I knew any dog friendly restaurants locally.  Now this is a concern as I believe health departments are not keen on man's best friend sharing feeding bowls with their owners - at least in public.  It's a problem.

My son Michael and his wife Eiko have a wonderful little King Charles Spaniel, and as urban dwellers, they also eat out quite a bit.  Mostly they look for restaurants with patios outdoors.  But from time to time they have to resort to stealth.  It entails a small gym-type bag.  Jazzie is quite used to the bag and in fact looks forward to it as it means an outing and of course, treats.  So they slip her inside and park her under the table.

Now who could resist these little fellows?
Now the problem arises when Jazzie drops off, as she is known to snore quite loudly.  Servers are often seen to look around at the customers to see who has fallen off their chairs.  Michael has to then resort to talking loudly or even snorting a bit.  I wish I had a solution for my friend.  It would also be nice to be able to take out Frankie and Johnnie from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment