Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Girl...revisited

One of the first blog postings I did was how sorry I was to have finished reading the final part of Steig Larson's trilogy.  The first book of this was called The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  I found out earlier in the year that a film had been made of this and I was anxious to see it - even if it was done in Swedish with subtitles.  Roger Ebert gave it a pretty good review.

I rejected my natural meanness and bought a copy of the DVD (second hand, of course) and watched it with S.W.M.B.O. the other evening.  It is a long, complex movie - 2 1/2 hours and it's not that easy to follow if you haven't read the book.

Some of the critics have been harsh about it, but maybe they're not used to watching subtitles.  Nonetheless the central character, Lisbeth Salander, played by Noomi Rapace, is riveting.  The second movie is out now and I'm starting to waver.  You can see the trailer here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlF-hk3IJQE

No comments:

Post a Comment