Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wolves!




Evan, my grandson is about to leave us, as it's the start of a new term. We shall miss him. But before he disappears down to the flatlands again, I took him on one last assignment. It's a column that will come out in about six weeks.
It was a visit to the Wolf Mountain Sanctuary in Lucerne Valley. It's run by Tonya Littlewolf and she's been caring for these big beasts for the last 25 years.
I told Evan we would no doubt go into a cage or two and that the wolves were pretty big. At 15 of course, he's bullet proof and said it wouldn't be a problem for him as he had a big dog at home. Yeah, right!

When Istas the wolf came out to greet him some of that bullet proofness fell away. But after a little time they settled down and everybody relaxed.

Istas gave me a good check over but no doubt he could detect the smell of "Poodle" and knew not to mess with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment