Monday, October 4, 2010

Anniversary

Sunday's column was a different type.  In fact it was rather self-indulgent.  It was the tenth anniversary of Trevor's Travels, although the name of the column has changed from the original "Day Trip."  This first piece was about Butlers Peak, the fire lookout over Big Bear lake.  I found it a few months ago in my records.
Summons with the first piece published
Having spent 40 years in sales, I never imagined that when I retired, I would begin a new "career" and one which was to span an additional ten years.

The start of the selling process is often the worst.  Namely finding someone to talk to; then you have to ask a lot of questions, and lead them gently to the obvious conclusion.  This new job of mine still allows the questioning part and the writing up of the business, but boy, is the first part easier!  I rarely have to contact anyone twice to set up an appointment.  Funny that!  You can read the column and also hear the three-minute podcast at www.sbsun.com/trevorstravels

No comments:

Post a Comment