Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween

Once again we have reached that very unpleasant time of the year - Halloween.  I must confess that so far I have managed to avoid the entire thing quite successfully.  Naturally I am aware of people getting excited at the wearing of costumes, but as they - like the wretched ghouls and gobblies they hope to emulate - only come out late, I don't have to mix with them.

I believe it has become something of a celebration in the UK as well, although up until 1982, when we left the country, it was nothing more than a minor date in the church calendar - All Hallows Eve, to be followed by All Saints Day.

I imagine the world is divided into two types of people - those who like to dress up in costumes, and those who do not.  Guess which group I fit into!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment