Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Politics

I try and keep away from politics in this blog, not wishing to alienate half my audience, but I'm really having a hard time with the TV ads this season.  (Thank Heavens for the mute button!)  It seems to me we have been given very bad choices for the Governor's race.  And frankly I doubt whether either Whitman or Brown can stop the nonsense that is California at the moment.

I really don't care if Whitman hired an illegal alien, or Brown was banging Linda Ronstadt like a screen door in a gale, how on earth are either of them going to stop the rot.  Poor old Arnold had a go early in his term by offering several ballot measures to halt the explosion of benefits.  Sadly, if you give people free stuff they are unlikely to vote for restraint - other people's free stuff OK; but not mine!

It's always easy to play the "soak the rich" card, but the way we're going out here, there won't be any rich people left to soak - they'll all have moved to Nevada, and the White Supremacists will have gone to Idaho.

I am always surprised however at the way people imagine that the same politicians, whom they have elected for the last few decades can be expected to change the things for which they alone have been responsible.   And could they please stop fighting for me, and leave me the hell alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment