Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Clockwork

I wrote some time back about the possibility of watches going out of style - in fact with the use of cell phones, disappearing altogether.  The other day, I made a joke to a young 20 year old that the cell phone I turned in to upgrade recently was so old it was actually run by clockwork.  I was met by a blank stare.  He didn't recognise the term - incredible!  But the fact is that something that was so prevalent in my early life is not around today.  I think apart from some antique clocks I brought over from England, I only have three functioning clockwork items in my possession.  A couple of watches, and a kitchen timer.

The photo above from the free Web site called Morgue File is entitled Graveyard of Time - a fitting name.

No comments:

Post a Comment