Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cats

Beautiful and Seductive but Unfathomable
Firstly, let me state that I really like cats.  I think they are wonderful and most interesting creatures.  They are also quite beautiful.  But I don't understand them, although I have a little theory.  Unlike dogs which are rather like men, cats are like women.  In the first case, dogs, like men, are very easy to understand.  They are simple, and woe betide anyone who tries to analyze them too deeply; mostly they are motivated by simple basic things.  Cats on the other hand, like women, are very complex.  It's very hard to figure out what's going on behind that lovely face.  I have managed to overcome my hesitation with women, but never with cats.

One evening, She Who Must Be Obeyed and I returned from a quiet evening drink at our local, and we found sitting on our doormat the most beautiful blue Persian cat.  It was actually leaning against the front door.  We were one of some 60 condos so there was nothing about our door that was particular, but this cat had picked it out. We owned our Beverly Hills Poodle at the time and there was no chance that Whitney would allow another animal, let alone a different species into the house without a fight, so we barred the door and secured the dog to the back of the house.  I let the cat in and it tore across the threshold as far as it could.  It wanted to be there very much.

Neither of us understood cats and with Witney in residence, we knew we couldn't allow it to stay.  Therefore we asked a lady opposite, who had cats, if she would come and take the animal.  She loved it on sight and called it Domingo as it was a Sunday.  They lived happily across from us for years, but occasionally Domingo would come over to reestablish his relationship.  He was a wonderful luscious creature.  But I never could figure out what was on his mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment