Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sinatra/Ava

I found my recent visit to Frank Sinatra's house in Palm Springs quite a moving experience.  It was the place where he courted and finally married Ava Gardner.  What a titanic relationship that was.

Here they are in one of their happier moments;  I think they only had a few.  Most of the time they were fighting.  I was too young to remember the many episodes where they were in the news, but by the time I was paying attention they were already divorced and going their separate ways.

She went on to live by herself in London, suffering from emphysema, he to marry a couple more times - Mia Farrow and then finally Barbara Marx with whom he stuck.  It has been said that he never totally recovered from his time with Ava, and carried a torch for her until he died in 1998.

No comments:

Post a Comment