Monday, May 9, 2011

Bulls

The other evening while at my favorite watering hole, the TV was showing bull riding.  Now if ever the saneness of man is to be questioned it is with this in mind.  Who on earth would want to sit astride a very angry one-ton animal, who has had his nether regions tampered with, and then be released from a cage out into an area?  Madness!
And yet this particular form of entertainment is very popular with the NASCAR crowd.  Once thrown off, the bull is distracted by some other madman dressed in clowns clothing and make up, while the rider escapes.  I'm not sure which of the two is the worst profession.
In Uwakima, Japan they have another form of bull fighting, which is called Sumo Bull.  Here the two antagonists - bulls - are put to the task of pushing each other out of the circle, like human sumo wrestlers do.  They have handlers to help them in this task.  I guess if I had to choose, I would go the route of the latter "sport."  And don't even get me started on the Spanish thing - totally unspeakable!

No comments:

Post a Comment