Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Growth of the USA

http://www.animatedatlas.com/movie.html
This was sent to me by my brother-in-law, Tony.  It is a very interesting lesson in US history, which I have to say is not my strong point.  In fact as a boy I struggled with history a lot.
I was on the point of leaving school when I finally "got it."  The problem with English history is that there is so much of it and back in the day, in order to impress the masters one had to be good with all the dates.  Being severly numerically challenged, dates were not my strong point.  I've always regretted the fact that I failed my GCE "O" levels in the subject - albeit narrowly.
This hot link leads you into a ten minute short history of the US, and at the end while it tries to suggest you buy an updated copy of the program ,you can enjoy your knowledge of the geography of the land by running the curser over all the states which are then displayed.  Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment