Saturday, May 21, 2011

Judgement Day

I sincerely hope that you are able to read this.  It seems that a certain Harold Camping, a somewhat nasty looking, pinched-faced 89 year old evangelical has figured out from the Bible that today is Judgement Day.  May 21st 2011, if you want to write it down in your calendars.  He and his lot are going to be yanked up into Heaven, leaving the rest of us to face a certain apocalypse.  Doesn't seem like much of a Christian attitude to take to me.  Now this event has been forecasted several times in my life, and what I can guarantee is that should we all make through to May 22nd, Mr Harold Camping will not be around to explains his mistake.  Being a Sunday tomorrow, no doubt he'll be hard at it praying in his church in Oakland. CA.  I hope that he asks for forgiveness at making a bunch of fools out of all his many followers.
In the event that he's right and the rest of us have ignored his prophecy, then my regret is that I went out and bought a new car a couple of days ago.  But then in the general mayhem that's supposed to occur, I guess it doesn't matter.  I would have liked a couple of beers before the hellfire hits, but I imagine it would be tasteless to call Mr. Camping and ask him to postpone the event until next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment