Friday, May 20, 2011

New Car

We bought a new car yesterday.  Not really exciting as it's the third Subaru Forester we've owned.  There are quite a few new bells and whistles on it however, and I like the color.  I'm surprised to realize that this is the 34th car to roll up onto the Summons' driveway.  Quite a lot in a lifetime of driving that spans over 50 years.  I've had so many because the early days my career, shall we say, were not too robust, and as a car came with each job as an outside rep, the number stacked up with every firing!
The one feature that I really like on this one is a sun/moon roof.  Where did the "moon" bit come from I wonder?  Anyway of my previous 33 models that I've had I can say that I remember them all fondly.  There was only one that I didn't like among the collection and that was a 1967 Mk II Cortina in dark blue.  I never took to it.  My favorite, well, it has to be the 1976 Cadillac Eldorado that I drove from about 1983 to 1990.  I was the last white man to be seen driving that particular model around Los Angeles.  We used to call it Big Bertha.

No comments:

Post a Comment