Friday, August 19, 2011

Birthday

These damned birthdays come round a little too quickly!  Today, I've hit another one and I've had so many that I've reached that age that should I have a cake, which I shall not, I'm only allowed one candle as the correct number would present a fire hazard!
However, I've decided to celebrate - if that's the right word - by cycling around the lake.  Furthermore this is to be a group effort to try and knock some time off my previous record, which is 55 minutes and 3 seconds.  Checking back I note that this was in 2002 when I was a mere wisp of a lad of 63.  But today, instead of going it alone, I have a team effort going on.  Our local professional cyclist, Derek Hermon, who owns Bear Valley Bikes has often said that with good pacing I could do better, so he's put together a "train," to help the old man get round.  We start at his shop at the top of Red Ant Hill, which means I have to ride there uphill to begin!  I shall report on progress tomorrow.  Regardless of the outcome, there will be a few pints downed tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment