Saturday, August 27, 2011

Children

The other day I was walking down a local road and found myself behind two fathers with two little boys in tow.  Now, I'm not very fond of children in general as I'm never sure quite what to do with them, or say to them.  They are in a different world and most of the time I can't figure out what the hell they're doing.  It's only when they get close to an adult view of things that I can relax with  them.  Once they reach say about 12, I find them quite interesting and even amusing.


But these two little boys were really cute and I asked one of the fathers how old they were: "Just coming up to three," was the reply.  I told them to take plenty of photographs as the time goes by so quickly.  My children are now 48, 47 and 37.  It doesn't seem possible!
Next week, we have our grandson, Evan, coming up.  He used to spend weeks with us here every summer, but this year, at age 16, it's just four days, but we shall enjoy it nonetheless.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete