Friday, August 12, 2011

Underpants

You'd think that at my age, I would have got the sizing of my frame pretty much down.  But to add evidence to the saying "There's no fool like an old fool," the other day I made a mistake when purchasing underpants.
I found a set that I liked and went ahead and bought two packages.  There were of a rather expensive brand, and I foolishly bought LGE rather then X LGE, and then when I got home, I tore off the wrappings, and put the things in my drawer.
The first time I put them on I thought they were rather snug, but having laid out the expense, I persevered.  I tried another pair the next day, and then hoped that washing them would loosen them up a bit.  It was not to be.
I have to say that wearing tight underpants for an entire day is not to be recommended.  There is a claustrophobic feeling that is constantly with you.  Also there is a tendency to wriggle around and even try an adjustment "down there," when you hope people are not watching you.  There is also an enormous relief when it's time to put on the night attire - too much of a relief for it to be natural, if you know what I mean.  Eventually I had to face up to the reality of the situation and throw them away.  I didn't have the gall to even think about trying to return them.

No comments:

Post a Comment