Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ireland

My very first business trip "abroad" was to Ireland.  I had to visit a large newspaper there and I confirmed my visit some days before, as it entailed aircraft and other means of transport.  On the day I arrived I checked into a really nice hotel which I now believe has gone.  And the very next morning at 8:30 sharp a taxi took me off to meet my prospective customer.  Imagine my surprise when the receptionist told me she thought that the man was not in that day.  She checked with his secretary and was told he had gone to England and wouldn't be back until the morning!


For all that, Ireland is an interesting place and particularly Dublin.  Above is one of the thousands of colored doors in the city, and is very typical.  It is a Georgian city and has a certain elegance about it.  Unfortunately the same cannot be said of its climate!

No comments:

Post a Comment