Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bags

I have to say that I have a small weakness - I like bags.  Particularly briefcases.  I don't really need them today although I have a few tucked away.  When I go out on assignment, a bag just gets in the way and therefore I only carry a small notebook and a camera.
Finally the right bag for all the electronic stuff - at the right price too!
When I was at school, I had an old briefcase of my father's to lug stuff around in, and I well remember it's leather sides, and flap with brass lock on it.  The key had long since been lost.

When I went into sales, a briefcase was de riguer and I had a number of them over the years.  I owned one of the first aluminum ones with a black mock leather covering on it.  Later on I managed to acquire a very smart brown leather case with a split handle and a sort of bellows arrangement to keep all one's papers in order - I was very fond of that one.  I wonder what happened to it.

The other day I was in an office supply store and bought a new computer bag to lug all my gear around in when we travel.  I have to store away the iPhone; iPod: laptop; touch pad; Kindle; battery charger, and of course the mouse as well as all the power chords - it's quite a business.  When I got the bag home I found it wasn't quite what I wanted as it didn't have the number of compartments I required, so back it went and eventually after a few more stores I found the absolute ideal.  Perhaps I should look for a proper job now to go along with it.  Nah! That would be crazy.  We haven't even covered suitcases!  That's a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment