Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Argentina

My friend Jim, in Pasadena, sent me a very troubling video presentation about the collapse of Argentina.  Unfortunately it was a power point presentation and it seems impossible to include a link here.  However there is a series of similar videos available at UTube about what has happened to that country.  This is the first of 12 of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6_i8zuffs
It is a truly frightening story of what could be happening here.  Argentina was for the first 50 years of the last century only just behind the USA in its position in the world, with massive oil and agricultural reserves.  Today it is virtually a third world country.
I've always had an interest in Argentina.  My father was offered a job there after the war, and it seemed a very exciting prospect to me at such a young age.   But he decided not to take it up as he didn't want to raise me in a foreign country.  Having watched this series of videos, I think he made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment