Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Florida

Well, I'm on the big silver bird again.  This time it's to Florida.  I'm going to see my old friend Paul, who comes out there every year for three months to dodge something of the English winter.  I spent a little time there with him two years ago and I'm really looking forward to my return.
One of the things we like to do is cycle down a little way to a small hotel with a lovely swimming pool, where we can sit and enjoy a drink and some serious conversation.  By the end of a week, we will have sorted out most of the world's major problems.  My destination this time is Sanibel Island which is on the Gulf Coast about halfway up.  Great place.  S.W.M.B.O. says she doesn't much like Florida, so she's going to spend a week with the grandchildren in Reno.  We both fly out of Ontario and arrive back within an hour of each other.  Airlines permitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment