Saturday, December 24, 2011

Florida

I recently spent a wonderful week down in Florida with my friend, Paul, together with his wife, Vivien.  We have known each other for over 40 years so there's always some catching up to do plus the opportunity to put a number of important international affairs to rights.  We solved the deficit problem and also most of the difficulties with the Middle East, so the time was not wasted.
At this time of the year as we enter winter, Florida comes into its own.  It was around 8o degrees and the humidity was up in that region too.  An interesting fact about humidity is that when it is high and the temperature is low, it feels just right.
Here are some of the pictures I took during my stay.  Many of them will be used in an upcoming article about it for The Sun.
Typical 19th century Sanibel house at the museum


One of the nicest pools I've ever swum in

Typical Sanibel fauna - lush and verdant

Seashells all over the beach

Sanibel Lighthouse


I guess we're not in Kansas anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment