Saturday, December 31, 2011

Voice Recognition

I ordered a nifty little gadget the other day from an ad on TV.  It wasn't very expensive and the ad promised that not only would they provide the item but they would double the order and also include a fee gift - just pay shipping and handling!  Well, I didn't want two of them and they could keep their free gift, so I was prepared to do a small battle with the rep on the phone.  But I didn't get the chance as it was all done with voice recognition.  Not a human involved in the entire transaction!  Credit card number, mailing address, and all the usual details were handled by the system and once that was done I had to listen to some commercials about other stuff they wanted to sell me.  After a bit I just hung up.  I wonder if the goods will arrive?

No comments:

Post a Comment