Thursday, January 12, 2012

Neti Pot


I suffered from a headache a few weeks back.  It wasn't a really bad one, just an annoying presence.  I couldn't seem to shake it with my normal two Aleve, and it wasn't there all the time.  I even went to the doctor and he doubted my prognosis of a brain tumor.  He said he didn't see those very often - only about once every five years.  He didn't quite see the humor of that when I asked him how long it had been then, and he said about five years!  The redoubtable Mrs. S mentioned something about a Neti Pot, which I ignored as it sounded somewhat obscene.  But one day she brought the above home.  It looked like something that small girls play with along with their dolls.  I read the instructions cursorily and you know what, the headache disappeared.  I never actually had to use the nasty little thing.  Just its presence was enough.  Now that is some powerful medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment