Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cartagena - Saturday

There are three parts of this interesting place.  The very old town and fort, the modern side and then the ultra modern bit across the bay, where no one seems to go.  In the old part it is a wonderful explosion of color and history.

Here is a part of the 16th century fort with modern Cartagena in the background.  It was also very hot while we were traipsing around the castle.  It was about 32C or 90F.  Phew!  Apparently in August it goes up a bit and also gets humid.
Before tackling the walk around in the sun, I was forced to play S.W.M.B.O. at chess on the top deck.  It was very hot up there too.  I was white and was doing pretty well - you can see all the captured pieces at the back.  Somehow she managed to win - and I'm sure it was a cheat.  But you can see she looks pretty pleased with herself.  It seems that she has also been practising with the grandchildren in Reno while I was drinking with my friend in Florida.  Hardly fair, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment