Monday, March 5, 2012

Jokes - or rather the lack of them!


A Southern Baptist preacher said, "Anyone with 'special needs' who wants to be
prayed over, please come forward to the front by the altar."



With that, Tyrone got in line.  When it was his turn, the Preacher asked, "Tyrone,
what do you want me to pray about for you?"

Tyrone replied, "Preacher, I need you to pray for help with my hearing." The preacher
put one finger of one hand in Tyrone's ear, placed his other hand on top of Tyrone's
head, and then prayed and prayed and prayed.  He prayed a "blue streak" for Tyrone,
and the whole congregation joined in with great enthusiasm.

After a few minutes, the preacher removed his hands, stood back and asked,
"Tyrone, how is your hearing now?"
Tyrone answered, "I don't know, Man. It ain't 'til next week."

One of my fellow writers on  The Sun wrote an article the other day that no one tells jokes any more.  Oh yes, we get them on email and often forward them on, but the actual telling seems to have left us - another downgrade of the human condition, I guess.  Anyway shortly after reading this I heard this one which I though I would tell you all.  Oh, and I don't care if someone is offended out there.  The Constitution does not offer protection for being offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment