Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bucket List - Alaska

For this item on the bucket list I've chosen a place I've already been to.  We never had any serious opportunities to vist Alaska in the business, and I only made it via a cruise ship three years ago.

Yet, it has always fascinated me since my father used to read the poems of Robert W. Service.  He was the one who wrote about Dangerous Dan McGraw and the rough life of the miners.

In order to really appreciate the state, I think you have to go there in winter time and certainly not from the luxury of a 100,000 ton floating hotel.


Principally, I would like to be able to spend a long winter weekend there and be able to see the Aurora Borielis - The Northern Lights, which have always interested me.  I think this photo is going to be the closest I'll get however.

No comments:

Post a Comment