Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Calendars

The other day I had to meet up with a young man for an article about his business.  It was early in the afternoon and as I sat waiting for him I thought that I only had a 50/50 chance that he would remember.
Have you noticed how difficult it is these days to make firm arrangements with anyone under the age of say, 40?  Almost impossible without them saying: "Oh, call me in the morning to check!"  No I don't want to check or firm up I want to make the apppointment now.  The problem is that young people rarely if ever write stuff down, and they don't use calendars (diaries to the Brits.)
This is my calendar which sits on my desk.  I've been using one since I went on the road.  How can you remember appontments if you don't have one?  The fact is you can't.  And on top of all this, there are more and more ways of capturing important dates and times with iPhones and other devices to do it on.  But you have to do it.  But if no-one can be bothered, then there will be mistakes.  But does that matter, if everyone is checking on the day to see if the appointee has something better to do than to meet up with you! Perhaps I should have saved this for the Trevor's Tirade section.

No comments:

Post a Comment