Saturday, July 7, 2012

Desires - Healey's

When I was about 15, I desired a "varsity" sweater.  It was not in the already stretched family budget, and my father tried to placate me by saying that I would go off the idea in a little time.  It took about a year.
Later on in my twenties I lusted after an Austin Healy sports car, which was even further out of the budget.  About the same chance as my buying a Lear jet today.

1965 Austin Healey

The other weekend we had a Healey club up here; there were about 30 of them and every one was quite beautiful.  It reawakened my old desires, but I feel it's past the moment and having gone so long, I can probably live without one.  The good news however is that should the yen return for a varsity sweater, I can certainly afford that item, assuming I could find one, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment