Saturday, July 28, 2012

Windsurfing

I always liked windsurfing.  I tried it a few times before I came out here with disastrous results.  It's not easy.  Then in the Marina I met a German called Paul Kroll, and he had the instruction of the art down pat.  The trick is to learn with no wind and he would never start anyone off after eight in the morning.  It's hard enough standing on the board and balancing the rig without adding the wind as another force.  Well, the other day I took my old windboard out for a spin.  It had been five years since I tried and I was rather rusty.  But here are the basics.
Launching
















Raising the Sail





Steadying the Mast

Ready to Go

Off We Go!


Unfortunately, my outing ended badly with a serious
dunking.  Ah well, I just need some more practice,
I think!



No comments:

Post a Comment