Saturday, August 25, 2012

Gadgets - coaster

I ran into this the other day.


My grandson and I were out on an assignment and we needed some lunch.  With no females around we naturally sought out a junk food establishment, and found one called Fudruckers -  it started in the 80's I think.  We went in and ordered and were given this little device.  They would buzz us when the food was ready.  There is room on the top for a sponsor to put a advertizing coaster,  but so far no-one had taken up the offer.  We waited quite a long time for the food to come, and when it did it wasn't all that hot.  It occurred to me that this device and the waiting involved was really just a marketing plan.  Let's face it when you go to MacDonald's or Burgerking, there's hardly any wait at all.  And a burger is just a burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment